Sunday, March 26, 2006

Nesting again?


What is this strange compulsion I am having to get my house clean and organized? Usually I try to tidy up before the housekeeper comes on Tuesdays, but this feels different. I want things arranged, put away, together. I am filling trash bags and putting them in the outside bin. I am trying to get my new scrapspace in usable condition. I am even making some projects. I am decorating. I (with help from Randy) got "Mattie Moo" hung in the nursery, mounted a display in the scrapbook room, and reshelived all of the baby books. I have even taken a wild fling at writing in Moo's baby book. I was thinking that tomorrow I might go through his closet and get all of the clothes he can't wear anymore and put them away. Am I going insane? Or does my body know that I am heading back to work soon and will not have the time to pursue such projects? Or maybe it is Spring Fever finally kicking in. That would be nice. I would love some warm fresh air to blow the cobwebs out of my brain and out of our house.

Of course, I know I should have started on all of these projects weeks ago, but alas, I too this poem to heart...

I hope that my child
looking back on today
remembers a mother who had time to play.
Children grow up while you are not looking.
There'll be years ahead for cleaning and cooking.
So quiet now cobwebs.
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
~ author unknown

Hey, at least (unlike when I was pregnant) I have not gone out with the desparate need to purchase FIVE jumbo packages of toilet paper!

3 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

You KNOW I love that poem!!

Hugs,

Michele

2:00 PM  
Blogger matthew&caitie'smomma said...

Paige,

I have to say we have the cutest Matthew's in the WHOLE WORLD; I have to say I have never read that poem before, but I have instantly fallen in love.

Kimberly [Scraplanet]

2:11 PM  
Blogger matthew&caitie'smomma said...

Paige,

I have to say we have the cutest Matthew's in the WHOLE WORLD; I have to say I have never read that poem before, but I have instantly fallen in love.

Kimberly [Scraplanet]

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home