Friday, March 31, 2006

Such a fool!

Okay, I did it and what an idiot I am. I broke my own rule! I thought I was doing it right, that I was justified. I thought my voice was calm and my point valid.

But I was wrong. There is never a good time to enlighten your husband to a habit he has that concerns you. It doesn't matter. It makes no difference that I thought I was being helpful or that changing this could improve the well being of our child. Who cares that other people seek out and pay handsomely for my advice and counsel? I will now pay the price for stating the obvious!

I couldn't leave it alone. I couldn't smile and think of the cortisol that is building up in his body causing him to retain fat. I couldn't turn a deaf ear or a blind eye. So now I will suffer.

So, note to self -- Let it go and leave it alone. No good deed goes unpunished. As the great one, Dumbledore, says, people are much more apt to forgive you for being wrong than for being right!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mattie Moo's Mom said...

Thanks gals. Darn it, it is just so hard being right!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Just some food for thought to help back up your argument.

"Cushing's syndrome is a hormonal disorder caused by prolonged exposure of the body's tissues to high levels of the hormone cortisol."

http://endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/cushings/cushings.htm

"Cushing's Syndrome is a disease caused by an excess of cortisol production or by excessive use of cortisol or other similar steroid (glucocorticoid) hormones."

http://www.medhelp.org/www/nadf4.htm

We are unfortunately learning all about cortisol and its affect on the body with Franky's situation.

You should share some information on Cushings with him.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home