Monday, June 12, 2006

A Very Scary Day by Mattie Moo


Today was a scary day for me. Mama is beginning to run low of milk and was wanting to supplement with a formula. She called the doctor and he recommended two different formulas. Mama must have picked the wrong one, because no sooner has I put it to my lips then I began to spit it out. Within minutes, I had red and white splotches around my mouth and I began to breathe funny. Mama and Daddy dropped everything and took me straight to the hospital emergency room. As they waited I got sicker and sicker. I threw up and began to get red and splotchy all over. At times I would rattle when I breathed. Mama and Daddy were brave even though we were there 4 hours. I cried at most of the procedures, but at other times I was smiling and fun. They held me and told me I would be alright. They took my blood, gave me a steriod shot, and took 4 x-rays and said I would be okay. I am still red and will have to take the steroids a few more times (think this will hurt my chances of playing baseball?) Granny and Poppy came to town to see me at the ER. I am home now. I have eaten a little of Mama's brew and am resting comfortably. Please say a prayer for me (and for Mama and Daddy) as we look for other feeding options. Love and Red Splotches,
Mattie Moo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home