Friday, May 05, 2006

The First Saturday in May


What a great day to be from Kentucky! It's almost Derby day! I think I will bet on Sinister Minister, since that is the only name I can remember. There is one that is something like "Rob and Bob" or maybe that is the name of a scrapbooking line. Well, the first Saturday in May is also National Scrapbooking Day. As I have said, I will be cropping from home, but I am going to hit the sales at my favorite store, SCRAPLANET! They are even opening an hour early, so Moo and I may get an early start. Or maybe we won't but as long as we are home by 4ish to watch the horses run, it will be fine!

Got some bad news today. Our minister is being transfered to another church. In the United Methodist Church this is commonplace, but I don't know if one is ever ready to let friends go. I know Brother Phil and his wife will be back often to visit, as their elder son has a farm and a house here, but it will not be the same. Phil and Barbara are the kind of people who don't mind if you just drop by for a visit. (Or at least they are so polite they have never complained about me popping in!) Barbara is a lively part of our scrapbooking club, and at times Brother Phil has taped the QVC scrapbooking days for us to watch while we crop. He even does a pretty got David Venable impression. They have been so good to our family in good times and in bad, and they have been a strong force of positive growth and change in our community. I know I have to give the new guy (or gal) a chance, but I sure will miss them. I am glad I have made other good friends at church to lessen the sting of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home